11:42 PM 2 Comments »


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..... well, except these 70 degree days we've had. Our house is decorated. Stockings are hung and candles are in the windows (too bad I forget to turn them on most nights). That is our tree in the photo above. We had no space for a tree this year so we went with a tabletop tree, and decorated it in plastic balls since Jordan is very interested in the tree (notice her being sneaky in the picture). This past weekend at church we had our birthday party for Jesus. Then on Sunday Adam and Jackson were in the Christmas play. Jackson was a shepherd. He was so cute and did great. He sang his little heart out. Jordan let me sit through about half the play, then she and I stood in the back foyer. I heard the rest but couldn't see it. Thankfully they recorded it so I will get to watch it in its entirety soon. After the play we had a social with goodies. Santa made an appearance. Jordan was very happy to see him, she was waving and telling him hello.... until I sat her down. You can see by the look on her face that she was over him! Jackson wouldn't go near him. He has never been a fan of people in costumes. He asked me on the way home why Santa looked funny (sorry Mr. Santa who took the time to come to our church). I explained that Santa has helpers. At first he was confused, he said that the elves were the helpers. Then a light bulb went off in his head and he said "I get it, the real Santa comes to our house and Santa helpers just go to church". I jsut smiled and nodded. There were gifts from Santa at the social. My kids were also given gifts by different members of the church. It was very nice of them to think of us. I told Jackson that he got plenty and maybe I should call Santa and tell him never mind on coming on the 25th. He just looked at me like I was crazy. On a side note, Jordan got her first mini haircut. She loves pulling her bows out now and her bangs were hanging in her face all the time. I trimmed them up so when she is bow-less she still looks presentable. I didn't even save a lock of hair, it was such a small trim, there wasn't a lock to save. But I do think this small cut gave her an older appearance. She looks like a toddler now..... and I really don't want her to be a toddler yet. She is taking three or four steps on her own, then lunging herself towards the person in front of her. It is only a matter of time now. *sigh*




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

,,,, said...

i love pictures of little ones playing in Christmas trees. I have a few really great ones of braden but ashlyn was always to sneaky for me.

Allison said...

Jordan's hair looks so cute! She does look like a toddler now. Wasn't she just a tiny baby???

Jackson looks great in his costume. I don't blame him for not liking Santa, but it sounds like he may be catching on to this whole Santa thing soon. Maybe in a couple more years he'll have it figured out!