Here I am

10:07 PM 1 Comment »
I didn't realize I haven't posted since Halloween, now we are halfway through November. Time is flying! We've been busy around here. Jackson is back in school after being tracked out. Adam is wrapping up his semester at college and planning things for our church's youth group to do. We've gone on a mini vacation and enjoyed spending time with family. And most recently we received quite the Christmas blessing. There is a local church who puts on a toy chest for students from Adam's school. They take up donations all year and go Christmas shopping. Students get to shop at 10% of the retail cost. I went this morning and took part in this event. I got there early, really early. After waiting in the rain,registering, and hanging around for a few hours we were let into their gym in order (I was #17 and I know the numbers went at least into the 160s). In the gym there were tables upon tables of toys, all grouped by age. There were large toys, bikes, if you can name it, it was likely there. There were church members everywhere asking if they could hold something for you, help you find something, they were super nice. They had a huge raffle of 50 items, things like Wiis, iPods, Macbooks, camcorders, etc. While I didn't win a raffle, it was still awesome. I picked up a large item for Jordan, a small thing for her, and three nice sized things for Jackson... I won't post what I bought since they are for Christmas, not that they can read but still. My entire purchase was worth over $100 I am sure. My cost, $10. I feel so blessed to have been able to participate in such a wonderful ministry. And to make it even better, 100% of the profit goes to Lottie Moon. Adam is on a retreat with the youth this weekend so I went solo. if we are able to participate next year I plan to bring him along. The doors opened at 9am and within 10 minutes the shopping was pretty much done. It will be nice to divide and conquer instead of one person trying to find items for both children in two different spots. I did it, but that is because I have shopping in my blood, I am related to some serious shoppers.;) It will also be nice to have someone to talk to in line. I was there for three and a half hours. I brought a book but Adam is better company than a book any day.:)

1 comments:

Heather said...

Nice to hear from you!! I've been so bad about reading blogs lately, so I'm on a mad catch-up.

Wow, that toy chest sounds awesome! And now I'm dying to know what you got! I guess I'll have to wait for Christmas too! : ) Sounds like you're busy... just the way things usually are in the fall!