Family update

10:34 PM 5 Comments »

Jordan had her one year old well baby check today. She is 30 inches tall and 22 pounds. That puts her in the 80% for height and 65% for weight. She is right on target with her skills, pulling up, pincher grasp, vocabulary. The doctor was pleased with her vocabulary. She says MaMa, DaDa, ByeBye, Uh-oh, TaDa, Stop, More, and Eat. Jordan has had a white line that comes and goes on her tongue so I asked the doctor about it. Turns out she has a geographical tongue. Basically she has a sensitive tongue. I have a nephew with a geographical tongue (his was the first time I've ever heard of it) and he has a sensitivity to temperature hot food and spicy food. So she probably won't be a spicy food fanatic like her mommy.:)

Jackson had a parent teacher conference today. All kindergartners have one at this stage in the school year. He is right on target with his schooling. We need to work with him on retelling a story, he likes to embellish. I know where he gets that from (his dad). :) His behavior is a bit of an issue. Turns out he's a talker. He was doomed with that one, he gets it from both sides of the family. He talks during schoolwork, during lunch, during rest, and in the line. I know that is his personality and that is fine with me but it is disrupting the class. He even had his seat moved today. So we are working on stiffer consequences for getting in trouble at school. Other than his chattiness he is doing great. He is in our church's Christmas play, he will be a shepherd. He loves the music from the play, it is his bedtime music now.

Adam is on a fall break from school. It has been nice to have him around the house a little more this week. Things are going great at our church. Last Sunday was homecoming. The service and dinner reminded me of the church I grew up in. Adam and I sang together for the first time at our new church and I think we did pretty good. This Sunday Adam will be preaching while our Pastor is at another church for their homecoming. So please be in prayer for Adam as he prepares his lesson.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

,,,, said...

I can see Braden's teacher reporting to us the same issues. Braden looses his afternoon TV time if he gets flagged. TV time to him is like scrap time for me.

Heather said...

That's interesting about her geographical tongue... seems like an odd name! Glad both the kids are progressing as they should!! Ahhh, little boys... it's mostly the boys that are the misbehaving ones in my music classes. But some of them are so sweet and much less snobby than the girls.

Tonya said...

I would feel really sorry for the teacher if Jonah and Jackson were in the same class. Jonah's talking has gotten a little better, but he gets it honest, too. Glad to hear everything is going well with both kiddos. I like your new playlist song! ;-)

John, Shannon, Broderick, Camden, and Adalynn said...

Sounds like you officially have yourself "a boy"!!!! Broderick had the exact same problems. He loved to talk and always had something to say that was more important than anything else going on. He is in first grade now and still often has that problem (though he is beginning to understand what patience is). Good luck!

Glad Jordan's appt. went well. She is such a big girl!!

The Delaney Family said...

Aw, I was a big talker in kindergarten, too. I bet Jackson will grow out of it once he's older.

Cute pictures from the photo shoot, too. :)